Here’s my completed Rose Red:

I am very pleased with the result!  I grew a little concerned during the blocking process, however.  Here’s what it looked like pre-blocking:

I thought it looked good next to my Kombucha

Here it is blocking on a 10″ plate:

As you may be able to see, the Malabrigo Silky Merino grew considerably during blocking and I soon feared that it was going to grow so big that it would no longer fit on my head!  So I really scrunched up the brim underneath that plate — and luckily, I had dropped down to size 4’s on the brim AND changed the last three rows to K2P2 — and thankfully it still fit once dry.

Meanwhile, I have started my pullover.  At first, I was not sure I’d like the yarn (Paton’s Shetland Chunky Tweed) but so far I like it quite a bit.  Hopefully, this will be a successful garment and I can completely erase the icky bad-garment vibes of the wretched Empire Waist Cardigan.

In other news, my dad and I took a second photography lesson last weekend with the same teacher.  We learned about white balance, pre-metering and using the flash, including using the flash outdoors.  Good stuff.  I’ll be experimenting with those techniques and I’ll share anything good that results.

Also last weekend, while at the de Young Museum with my kids for the King Tut exhibit, I got a chance to briefly view the Amish Abstractions Quilts.  They were lovely.  Having recently received two gift certificates to Joann’s for Hanukkah, I see more quilts in my future.

Advertisements