Continuing in my scrap mode, I made this little vest for my daughter’s American Girl doll:

She is a well-dressed doll — that is leftover Handmaiden Lady Godiva yarn that I used for a Cedar Leaf Shawlette way back when.  At first I wasn’t going to make the pockets but my daughter requested them.  I’m glad she did — they finish it nicely.  (Incidentally, I still have leftovers of this yarn!  Sigh.)

Meanwhile, the design idea I mentioned in my last post did not pan out — at least with the yarn I had imagined.  I may try it again with a different yarn.  In the meantime, I am working on FOUR custom baby hat orders — two of my editors from my real job requested baby hats for gifts, which is fun.  I can use scraps for parts of them so I’ll be continuing in that mode…

Advertisements